Kinshasa Climate & Temperature
- Kinshasa, Democratic Republic Of The Congo is at 4°22'S, 15°25'E, 309 m (1014 ft). See map.
- Kinshasa has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Aw) with a pronounced dry season in the low-sun months , no cold season, wet season is in the high-sun months.
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Kinshasa is situated in or near the subtropical moist forest biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 25.2 degrees Celsius (77.3 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 4.5 °C (8.1°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1482 mm (58.3 inches) which is equivalent to 1482 Litres/m² (36.35 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1739 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Kinshasa you would come out nearest to the climate station at Napari, Tabuaeran, Kiribati where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Kinshasa Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Kinshasa Climate Graph in Metric Units
Kinshasa Climograph in English Units
Climate of Kinshasa, Democratic Republic Of The Congo Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Lomie, Cameroon - 861.6 kms (535.4 miles) NNW
- Bitam, Gabon - 842.4 kms (523.5 miles) NNW
- Mkambo, Gabon - 623.2 kms (387.2 miles) NNW
- Cocobeach, Gabon - 882.3 kms (548.2 miles) NW
- Mitzic, Gabon - 719.6 kms (447.2 miles) NW
- Makokou, Gabon - 619.9 kms (385.2 miles) NNW
- Libreville, Gabon - 857.7 kms (533 miles) NW
- Port-Gentil, Gabon - 847.8 kms (526.8 miles) WNW
- Lambarn, Gabon - 707 kms (439.3 miles) NW
- Lastourville, Gabon - 496.8 kms (308.7 miles) NW
- Moanda, Gabon - 398.6 kms (247.7 miles) NW
- Franceville/ Masuku, Gabon - 369.4 kms (229.6 miles) NW
- Mouila, Gabon - 564.6 kms (350.8 miles) WNW
- Tchiban, Gabon - 518.9 kms (322.5 miles) WNW
- Mayumba, Gabon - 541.4 kms (336.4 miles) WNW
- Luanda, Angola - 552.9 kms (343.6 miles) SSW